Writing about yourself can feel almost as awkward as asking that crush from your school days out to a dance out using a love note written on pen and paper (#90s kid).
Since you’ve started your journey as a coach, you’ve invested tens of thousands into yourself. Masterminds, retreats, your own coach on retainer, a team, wellbeing, spirituality…the list goes on.
This means that the copy that got you “putting in my notice” won’t get you to “booked out practice.” Let’s uncover the words that’ll bring in clients who already have their credit card out on the table when they get on a call with you.
Here are some signs that you’re ready to work with a Brand Attraction copywriter :
The biggest thing stopping you?
Right now, your brand message feels a bit like a piece of clothing that just doesn’t fit properly anymore. You want to bring your best self to your coaching practice, and to do that, you need some energizing new copy.
Hi, I’m Amy Masand.
I’m a copywriter for coaches who are ready to step into more impact and abundance. This is for you if your current business goals are about more than hitting a certain revenue goal. You’re so ready to:
I came online in 2017 thinking that I wanted to be a coach (quickly discovering I’d rather be amplifying other’s voices #introvertforlife.) I’ve always been interested in self-development and big ideas. That’s why I love writing for online coaches like you!
Imagine being able to spend most of your time:
If you aren’t turning email subscribers into booked discovery calls, this package is the perfect solution!
We’ll optimize your subject lines and improve the story telling to increase the conversion rate of your email opt-in sequence.
This package includes:
Are you a rising leader ready to start the next chapter of your business? The Emerging Voice Framework can facilitate your transformation.
Get done-for-you web copy and an accompanying brand guide to attract more ideal clients.
This package includes:
Here’s a detailed look into the entire process, from booking our first call to receiving your final written deliverables.
1) Discovery call – the first step is to book a complimentary call to talk about which package is going to be the best fit for you.
2) Confirm timeline – I’ll share my current writing schedule with you on the call, and give you a target completion date for your project. Currently my turnaround time for email nurture sequences in four weeks, website and brand voice copy is eight weeks.
3) Client agreement and invoice – if everything is a good fit on the call, I’ll forward you an invoice and a client agreement. My policy is to collect a 25% deposit to hold your space in my writing schedule.
4) Brand voice questionnaire – I’ll send you a brand voice questionnaire and book your project kick-off session. You project timeline starts from the date of your kick-off session.
5) Brand analysis call – We’ll meet a week after you complete the brand voice questionnaire to talk about the key findings from your brand voice questionnaire.
6) Testimonials and interviews – we’ll discuss whether you want to use client interviews or past testimonials for your social proof section. I’ll comb through your testimonials to identify the strongest ones and get in touch with past clients for more info as needed.
7) Review draft – Near the end of our time together, I’ll ask you for specific feedback on certain elements of your draft. I only present near finished (90%) drafts to limit your editing time and need for back and forth communication.
8) Final edit – Once you’re happy with the copy, I’ll go over your project in detail using best practices for editing like removing repetitive language, eliminating filler words, checking spelling and reading aloud for flow.
I’ve learned by studying the old masters of copywriting like Ogilvy, Halbert and Sugarman, but I also keep my eye on where copywriting is going (think: Belgray and Rodgers,) and I believe in using inclusive langauge and speaking to different types of buyers in my work.
Is this for me if I’m just starting out?
No, this is for coaches who have been building their business for 3 or more years. There are a couple of reasons for this. First, your ideal client and business vision will take some time to emerge. You may make a pivot (or a few) early on. This package is ideal for coaches who are already on a steady trajectory in their business.
Why is a brand voice guide important?
I’m going to use an analogy here. The brand voice guide is the foundation of your business. The website is the house and the lead magnet and emails are the garden. All of these pieces work together, but they need to all be connected by a consistent brand voice. This is also important as you scale your team you’ll be able to hand off some of your content creation tasks with confidence.
Can I just get website copy without the brand voice guide?
The brand voice research is a process I go through on every project, including website copy. Even if you aren’t ready to hand off some of your copywriting to a team member, your brand voice guide should carry you for the next 3-5 years in the business, so it’s a resource you have room to grow into over time.
Does this also include design?
No, I’m a writer (not a designer), so I leave designers to their specialty. With that being said, I send my final website copy files as wire frames, which mean they are simple designs that show you where I would have a designer place text and photos, and which parts I would emphasize. This creative direction helps your designer focus on getting your leads to take action!
Need it in a rush?
I can complete rush projects (subject to availability) for an additional 20% rush charge.
Hire a copywriter